Friday, December 5, 2008

I must post about this

Get this. I must post about it because as shocked as I was I was also very touched and a very proud mama!!
Me, my mom, Mark and the kids all went shopping in Albany on our way home form Plattsburgh. While we were walking around the mall we passed this woman who was asking for donations for children in need. My son stopped to ask a few questions (as he is quite the question box these days!!). He asked her who the money would be going to, and where. after hearing her answer he reached into his pocket (he had about 10 dollars and some change left from some birthday money he had gotten from Aunt Lori Aikens) and handed this woman (NOT THE CHANGE THAT I THOUHGT HE WAS REACHING FOR) but a five dollar bill!!!!! When the woman asked him if he would like some change his reaponse was "No Ma'am that won't be necessarry"! *sigh*, all this woman could say was, "Bless you".
What a selfless act. I couldn't be more proud of that boy!!!

2 comments:

Kristi Steeger said...

I am so proud of Kaleb, too!!! We need more little men like him these days. :)

Unknown said...

Kaleb,
I was so proud of you when you gave your $5.00 to help the poor and needy, What a selfless act on your part. The children that you helped will now be able to eat real food and not go hungry. Kuddos to you. You set a good example for other young children to realize what they have and to be thankful for it. I love you very much my darling angle and again, I am so proud of you!!
Love,
MeMa & PaPa